When children have big feelings or challenging behaviour it is not always easy to know how to respond or how to help them navigate their feelings. Dealing with challenging behaviour can be a major life stressor and can get in the way of family time being playful and fun. Relationship dynamics can become unpleasant and can feel exhausting, seeming to repeat again and again. Through the counselling process, we work together to untangle the areas that are stuck, build new skills, and deepen relationships so that both children and parents can feel more confident, flourish and reconnect.
I offer in-person counselling sessions at the newly opened This World’s Ours (TWO) family centre. Located in Mount Pleasant, Vancouver, in a beautifully renovated heritage building, the office is filled with natural light and invites lively conversations, playful discovery and blossoming growth.
I will be continuing to offer telehealth counselling for all those who continue to want or need it.
"Hope" is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul And sings the tune without the words And never stops at all -Emily Dickinson
Areas of Practice
Some of the common topics that families see me for include:
- Anxiety, worries, and fears that are impacting the child’s functioning and/or family
- Complexities related to Autism (ASD)
- Career planning and exploration, and educational system navigation
- Adjustment to changes in family structure
- Learning differences and developmental exceptionalities
- Parenting challenges through various ages and stages
Supporting wellness for children, youth, and their parents in the heart of Vancouver.