When children have big feelings or challenging behaviour it is not always easy to know how to respond or how to help them navigate their feelings. Dealing with challenging behaviour can be a major life stressor and can get in the way of family time being playful and fun. Relationship dynamics can become unpleasant and can feel exhausting, seeming to repeat again and again. Through the counselling process, we work together to untangle the areas that are stuck, build new skills, and deepen relationships so that both children and parents can feel more confident, flourish and reconnect.
Now at 2 locations! Our second location at 1089 West Broadway (“Spruce Street Office”) will be open mid-April. We will continue to offer sessions at This World’s Ours in Mount Pleasant.
Telehealth counselling is still available for all those who continue to want or need it.
We currently offer PEERS® in a one-one format via telehealth.
"Hope" is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul And sings the tune without the words And never stops at all -Emily Dickinson
Areas of Practice
Some of the common topics that families see me for include:
- Anxiety, worries, and fears that are impacting the child’s functioning and/or family
- Complexities related to Autism (ASD)
- Career planning and exploration, and educational system navigation
- Adjustment to changes in family structure
- Learning differences and developmental exceptionalities
- Parenting challenges through various ages and stages
Supporting wellness for children, youth, and their parents in the heart of Vancouver.